Freephone 0800 555 050


Nationwide Health & Disability Advocacy Service
  • Translate this page:

If your complaint is not about a health or disability service

If your complaint, or parts of the complaint, are not about the way a health or a disability service was provided, you may find one of the following avenues helpful.


For information about complaints resolution services go to


If you need legal advice:
The Local Community Law Centre
(free legal advice to start)
(or look in the telephone book or ask your local Citizens Advice Bureau)


If it is about your personal health records:
The Privacy Commissioner
Freephone: 0800 803 909


If it is about ACC entitlements or services:
Freephone 0800 650 222


If it is a problem with banking or insurance:
Banking Ombudsman
Freephone: 0800 261 801


If it is about housing or tenancy
Tenancy Services:
Freephone: 0800 836 262


If it is about restrictive trade practices:
The Commerce Commission
Freephone: 0800 94 3600


If it is about lawyers:
Law Society
Freephone: 0800 261 801


If it is about immigration:
NZ Immigration
Freephone: 0508 558 855


If it is about children:
Commissioner for Children
Freephone: 0800 22 44 53


If it is about shoddy work, defective goods, inadequate services, unreasonable charges for services, or damage to property:
Consumer Protection
Freephone: 0508 426 678


Disputes Tribunal


If it is about employment relations:
Employment NZ
Freephone: 0800 20 90 20


If it is about Health and Safety:
Worksafe NZ
Freephone: 0800 030 040


If it is about police behaviour:
Independent Police Conduct Authority
Freephone: 0800 503-728


If it is about benefits or income:
Work and Income
Freephone: 0800 559 009


If it is about race issues or discrimination:
Human Rights Commission
Freephone: 0800 496 877


If it is about dental fees:
Dental Association
Ph: 09 524 2778


Dental Council
Ph: 04 499 4820


If it is about medical fees:
Medical Council
Freephone: 0800 286 801


If you have complained about a public service or government agency and are unhappy with the response, you can ask the Ombudsmen to look into the matter:
Freephone 0800 802 602


If you want other contact details or general information on where to start, contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau. The contact details will be in your telephone book or on the Citizens Advice Bureau website:


Last reviewed May 2019

Remember, we are here to help.

Nationwide Health & Disability Advocacy Service
National Advocacy Trust
Nationwide Health & Disability Advocacy Service
Nationwide Health & Disability Advocacy Service
Nationwide Health & Disability Advocacy Service