Time for a change?
Health and Disability Advocates work with members of the public, community groups and health and disability service providers in assisting to resolve concerns about the quality of care provided to them.
Advocates provide education on the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers’ Rights and network extensively within the community.
This position is full time 40hrs week with a possibility of being based across two offices in Central Auckland and the North Shore; covering these areas as required.
Our ideal Candidate has:
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• A calm, cool, non-judgmental, professional manner and approach
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Proven experience in problem solving, resolving issues and concerns
• The ability to able to work alone and as part of a regional and national team
• Experience in networking, building community links, particularly with Maori and Pacifica
• Knowledge/experience of engaging with diverse communities
• Some experience in planning and providing education
• A clean, current driver’s license and their own vehicle to use for work travel
• A great sense of humour!
Sound like you?
What we offer:
• An interesting, varied role that will develop and grow you, your knowledge and your skill set
• A genuine, fun, supportive work environment
• An excellent orientation into the role and professional development to support your growth
• Inclusion to a highly regarded, high functioning and motivated team
To be considered for this role, you must have the legal right to work in New Zealand. If this sounds like the exciting challenge and change of pace you’re seeking, then send your cover letter and CV resume with the names of three referees (one must be your current manager) to email@example.com before 9a.m. Monday 03 October 2022.
If you have any questions about our application process please do contact us on the email above.
Position descriptions are available on our website www.advocacy.org.nz