Looking for variety and challenge based in Gisborne?
Being a Health and Disability Advocate means daily contact with members of the public and health and disability service providers who you will educate on the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers’ Rights and assist to resolve complaints about the quality of care provided.
This position is part time 25 hours a week based in our Gisborne office and will service the wider Tairawhiti area as required. The days of work are Monday to Friday 5 hours per day.
Our ideal Candidate will have:
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in resolving complaints between the parties
- Possess a calm professional approach in activities associated with work
- Show exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Be able to work alone and as part of a regional and national team
- Have the ability to engage and build community links
- Be a confident educator
- Have strong links to local Maori/Iwi
- Hold a clean, current driver’s licence and have their own vehicle to use for work travel
- Enjoy the occasional night away from home for professional development/training.
What we offer:
- Fast paced and varied work
- A genuinely supportive work environment
- Room to grow and learn
- To be part of a great team
To be considered for this role, you must have the legal right to work in New Zealand. If this sounds like the position for you then send your handwritten cover letter and CV resume with the names of three referees (one must be your current manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12noon Wednesday 08 July 2020.
If you have any questions about our application process please do contact us on the email above.
Position descriptions are available on our website www.advocacy.org.nz