Looking for variety and a challenge?
Being a Health and Disability Advocate means daily contact with members of the public and health and disability service providers who you will educate on the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers’ Rights and assist to resolve complaints about the quality of care provided.
This position is 40 hours per week, 24 hours of which will be dedicated to the Tairawhiti region. The remaining 16 hours will be allocated to cover within the national team. This position is based in our Gisborne office
Our ideal Candidate will:
• Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Possess a calm, non-judgmental, professional approach
• Demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Have proven experience in resolving complaints
• Be able to work alone and as part of a regional and national team
• Be able to effectively network and engage with diverse communities
• Have experience in building community links, particularly with Maori and Pacifica communities
• Have some experience in planning and providing education
• Hold a clean, current driver’s license and have their own vehicle to use for work travel
• Enjoy the occasional night away from home for professional development/training
What we offer:
• A fast paced and varied role
• A genuine, supportive work environment
• Professional development to support growth
• Inclusion in a high functioning, motivated team
To be considered for this role, you must have the legal right to work in New Zealand. If this sounds like the position for you then send your handwritten cover letter and CV resume with the names of three referees (one must be your current manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9am Tuesday 26 January 2021.
If you have any questions about our application process please do contact us on the email above.
Position descriptions are available on our website www.advocacy.org.nz
Previous applicants need not apply